Privacy & COntent
Posted October 2, 2019 — Stage Neck Inn (“SNI,” “we,” or “us”) is committed to protecting the information that you share with us online, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information as outlined below:
Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect your Personal Information on the Site to enhance the services we offer you, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security of you and our Site, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us. We collect Personal Information about you when you interact with or utilize services offered on this Site, such as:
- Creating a profile with us;
- Making reservations, accommodation requests and payments;
- Joining loyalty programs or memberships;
- Consenting to marketing communications;
- Applying for a job;
- Submitting comments, reviews, or other user-generated content;
- Connecting or interacting with us through social networks (e.g., Facebook/Instagram, Google, Twitter); or
- Requesting customer support.
Personal Information includes:
- Postal or billing address;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone or mobile number;
- Payment card information;
- Government identification (e.g., passport identification to verify traveler identities);
- Location via IP address;
- Device being used (for our mobile site);
- Cookies and similar technologies;
- Your preferences regarding your hotel stay (e.g. bed size, smoking versus non-smoking room); and
- Other relevant data.
Even if you do not provide us with any Personal Information, we collect certain non-personal information about how you use our Site. This information cannot identify you and is used for statistical purposes only.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
We only process and share your Personal Information, including sharing with service providers or other external entities, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform services for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those services. We may also use what we know about you to offer you other products and services. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
- Provide you with products and services, including authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services;
- Perform certain services or other transactions initiated by you;
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or services;
- Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
- Help us run our business; or
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
Your Rights Concerning your Personal Information
You have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
- Marketing Communications.If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed or receive any other communication from SNI, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, surveys, or any questions regarding a specific reservation.
- Right of access:You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is processed, and, to request access to the Personal Information. The access information includes, among other things, the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. This is not, however, an absolute right, and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information undergoing processing.
- Right to rectification:You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten):Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you, and we may be obligated to erase that Personal Information.
- Right to restriction of processing:Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In that case, your data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain limited purposes.
- Right to data portability:Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the Personal Information about you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object:Under certain circumstances, and at any time, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Information.Where permitted by applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
Security of Your Information
We maintain reasonable technical, electronic, and organizational security procedures to maintain the security of Personal Information, and safeguard Personal Information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, disclosure or access. Our security procedures include contractual terms with any contractors, agents or data processors that require such entities to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information in accordance with our standards. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. It is your responsibility to safeguard any email or password that you have created or used in connection with our Site and to notify us if you ever suspect that the security and confidentiality of such email or password has been compromised in any way. You are solely responsible for any use of your SNI account via your email and password.
Retention and Storage of Your Information
We will maintain Personal Information for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law(s), or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) described above for which it is processed. We will delete Personal Information when it is no longer needed and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which SNI is subject) and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term set forth by applicable law.
SNI does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18, and users under the age of 16 should not submit any Personal Information to SNI. If SNI has actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 18 years old has been collected, then SNI will take the appropriate steps to delete this Personal Information.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Information Collected Through Technology. Information is also obtained in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. In accordance with applicable law, SNI uses and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our Site. We process this information to help our Site function correctly, and better understand the needs of our customers.
Device Information. Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download or use apps created by our Sites, including a unique identifier for your device. Examples of the device information we collect include:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Certain device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals are gathered if you enabled the functionality within your device settings.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services, and we encourage you to contact your device manufacturer for detailed instructions on how to do that.
Cookies on our Site generally fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies:These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies:These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies:These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Targeting Cookies:These record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Site. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Site. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
We also use certain information to identify new visitors to our Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors, and determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. (e.g., we will not be able to provide you with searches that you have asked us to save). You can change your cookie settings at any time. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on or through our Site. This may also include ads served on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, your postal code may be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Site or on third-party websites.
The website, bearing the address www.stageneckinn.com, is provided by Stage Neck Inn for the viewing of visitors to this site. The site provides information in terms of contents and images to the visitors for their education, knowledge and information. The information on our website is presented in good faith and for general information only. As of the date presented, the information is correct and true, to the best of our knowledge. Our site and its contents comply with the general laws, rules and regulations. The visitor is solely responsible for relying on the contents and information provided on our website. The organization further assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this site.
The information is supplied on the condition that the reader or any other person receiving the information will make their own determination as to its suitability for any purpose prior to any use of the information. In no event will SNI be responsible for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information referred to in the information.
You may copy documents or pages published on this website for non-commercial use within your organization only provided that any copy you make retains all other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained thereon. You may not modify any position of www.stageneckinn.com or create any derivative work based on images, text or other www.stageneckinn.com content.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, our site by electronic mail, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. SNI or any of its affiliates may use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and further posting. Further, SNI is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products.
Your use of the site is at your own risk. Neither SNI nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect nor punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site or any of the services referenced therein. This includes damages to, or for viruses that may infect your computer equipment.
The information, software, products and services published on this site may include typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. SNI may make improvements and/or changes in this site at any time without any prior notification to the general public.
Certain links on this site lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom SNI has no control. SNI makes no representation and accepts no responsibility as to the accuracy or any other aspect of the information contained on such servers. SNI has not reviewed all of the sites that may be linked to the site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
The visitor is prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or would otherwise violate the law. SNI will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing SNI to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
SNI reserves the right to alter or delete material from the site at any time. No links to this website may be included in any other website without our express written authorization.
Stage Neck Inn
Attn: Reservations Department
PO Box 70
York Harbor, ME 03911